Pun's IB Psychology HL Blog

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My First Memory

Mr. Anthony lets each of us recall our first memory. Each of the class members need to come up with what they think is their first memory, their age at that time, and their emotions. I recalled the memory of walking back home from a pre-school with my nanny. I remembered it as a sad memory since I need to walk for quite a long distance under the hot sun. After all my classmates report their first memory, we can see from the results that our first memories are constructed around the age of 3-4 years at average. But actually, what we really came up might not really be our first memory since we are neurologically capable to remember things at the age of 5. What we came up with would just be a reconstruction of several events (what you experienced or been told by your family) that we have strong emotional elements attached to it. This shows that our memories are very malleable. What we remember would be a picture of us looking back at ourselves, but not exactly the same since they are not videotaped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home